Master's Programme in Business Analytics
The graduates will:
- Be experts in analytics who understand the needs of business, industrial and public organisations in regard to gathering, analysing and using digital data for decision-making, operations and development work.
- Be able to choose and deploy the relevant analytics theories and methods and they have gained experience in using tools and environments for solving real-life analytics problems.
- Be able to search for, gather and create research data and produce research reports based on scientific conduct in multi-disciplinary settings and different empirical contexts.
- Have teamwork and project-based collaboration competencies, be able to solve problems for and with external stakeholders, and have good communication skills.
As we live in a world overwhelmed with information and data, we need the appropriate skills and abilities to manage and utilise these resources. The graduates of this programme will be well-equipped to confront a changing world and take on its challenges and opportunities. They will be able to use the methods and tools they have acquired in the programme in real-world business, industrial and other organisational contexts.
Students have a choice of three degree-specific study paths:
- Business Analyst
- Data Engineer
- Information Analyst.
These study paths lead to these three degrees, respectively:
- Master of Science (Economics and Business Administration)
- Master of Science (Technology)
- Master of Science.
A business analystgraduate will understand data acquisition and management and demonstrate how to deploy information for business development end execution, optimisation and decision-making.
A data engineer graduate will be able to manage the gathering, organisation and mining of data. The graduate will know how to acquire and manipulate data for development, optimisation and deployment.
An information analyst graduate will understand data acquisition and management and demonstrate how to develop, deploy and make use of information systems for understanding and improving processes and organisational dynamics.
The graduates can work both as individual business analysis and development experts and act as competent members in analytics teams of small and medium-size companies, public organizations and global corporations.
Entrepreneurship is also a realistic opportunity for the graduates, based on the combined skills that they acquire in the program and the rapidly growing needs for data-driven business analytics services and solutions.
Analytics experts are in very high demand globally, and Business Analytics graduates can start building international careers, having both the scientific knowledge and the hands-on skills.
Visit the programme page to see the admission requirements and how to apply through an online joint application system at Studyinfo.fi.
Degree / diploma
Master of Science (Economics and Business Administration) or Master of Science (Technology) or Master of Science
Tuition fee: for non-EU/EEA citizens 12 000 euros