Economics, Master of Science (Economics and Business Administration)
Specialists with strong analytical skills in economics combined with computation and data processing skills are high in demand. The Economics programme is for you if you want to approach real-world challenges in a systematic and empirical manner. How do international trade and migration affect global inequality? How can we build institutions that provide resilience against shocks such as financial crises? How should we design markets to incentivise innovation? The programme prepares you for understanding the connection between such micro- and macroeconomic questions and for distinguishing between causality and correlation. Economics graduates have:
- In-depth knowledge of economic theory. Graduates understand modern microeconomics and macroeconomics, and selected domains of economics at a deeper level. Interpret real-world phenomena in light of these theories.
- An analytical toolkit to address complex questions. Graduates possess econometric and mathematical analytical tools to address economic challenges and problems.
- Strong argumentation skills rooted in economic theory. Graduates possess econometric and mathematical analytical tools to address economic challenges and problems.
- Quantitative skills for efficient use of data. Graduates can use and interpret economic data critically and apply statistical methods to examine relationships and test economic hypotheses.
- Confidence in communications. Graduates are able to communicate fluently both to experts and non-experts about economic phenomena.
Upon graduation from the Economics programme, graduates are able to apply broad economic expertise and strong analytical skills in a wide variety of organisational settings.
You can apply through www.studyinfo.fi.
Degree / Diploma
Master of Science in Economics and Business Administration