Mathematics and Operations Research, Master of Science (Technology)
It is hard to think of another field with such a predictive capability and problem-solving power as mathematics. Climate action, sustainable energy transitionmanagement, and resilience to pandemics are but few examples of application areas which can be addressed with systematic problem structuring and mathematical modelling. The Master's Programme in Mathematics and Operations Research educates top mathematical thinkers with strong analytical and logical reasoning skills. The demand for experts with these mathematical and problem-solving skills continues to grow rapidly in many areas of society, offering graduates a large variety of career opportunities in companies, research institutes, and universities.
Mathematics and Operations Research graduates will have:
- Strong problem solving skills to answer some of the most complex and interesting questions in the world. Graduates possess a broad set of skills to work on diverse problems and answer some of humankind's greatest questions.
- Extensive analytical toolbox to choose the most appropriate techniques from. Graduates possess the knowledge on how different mathematical tools and statistical methods work and how they can best be implemented to achieve desired goals.
- Ability to think mathematically. Graduates can generate mathematical ideas, test and refine conjectures, and make connections to fully understand how mathematical ideas interconnect.
- Expertise to build mathematical models and create new tools for unexpected demands. Graduates can adapt and stay ahead of the rapidly changing nature of the modern world by creating new tools for unexpected demands.
- Means to master the art of scientific thinking. Graduates understand the principles of theory generation, hypothesis testing and data interpretation, and have the competencies needed to come up with scientific discoveries. This provides an excellent basis to continue studies further towards a doctoral degree in mathematics, statistics, and other mathematical sciences.
You can apply through www.studyinfo.fi.
Degree / Diploma
Master of Science (Technology)