Master of Science in Fintech
Why study Fintech at EIT Digital Master School?
Digital technology and finance have been inextricably linked for decades, but we are entering a new era. Technologies like machine learning, data analytics, biometrics or blockchain are creating new possibilities to address credit and risk management, identity management, information security, secure payments or portfolio management. The full impact on the banking and insurance sectors is yet to be seen, but the impact on every aspect of our lives can still be only imagined. Imaginem for example: what will be the impact on businesses when customers can pay anytime, anywhere, using only biometric information?
The new Fintech programme at the EIT Digital Master School is designed to provide graduates with a holistic skill set, a cross-functional perspective and an entrepreneurial mindset that will enable them to lead organisations in this new paradigm. They will not only be able to imagine these new technology applications, but to develop them and bring them to market.
How is the programme structured?
All EIT Digital Master School programmes follow the same scheme:
- Students study one year at an ‘entry’ university and one year at an ‘exit’ university in two of EIT Digital’s hot spots around Europe.
- Upon completion, graduates receive degrees from the two universities and a certificate awarded by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology.
- The first year is similar at all entry points with basic courses to lay the foundation for the chosen technical programme focus. Some elective courses may also be chosen. At the same time, students are introduced to business and management. During the second semester, a design project is combined with business development exercises. These teach how to turn technology into business and how to present a convincing business plan.
- In between the first year and the second year, a summer school addresses business opportunities within a socially relevant theme.
- The second year offers a specialisation and a graduation project. The gradation project includes an internship at a company or a research institute and results in a Master thesis with a strong innovation and entrepreneurship dimension.
If you wish to apply to this program you must have a Bachelor of Science in, or be in your final year of studies of:
- Computer Science
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Information Systems
- Electrical Engineering / Electronics
- Information Technology
- Software Engineering
- Business Informatics
- Business administration and Finance (with a strong component on computer science)
Reasonable knowledge of the fundamentals of computing and information sciences and technologies.
Kindly note that relevant work experience can compensate a non-strictly matching bachelor's degree. Please justify your work experience in your motivation letter or resume. Once your papers are received, the selection committee will make the final decision on whether your bachelors and work experience are enough as prerequisites for the track you have applied for.
Degree / diploma
Master of Science in Fintech
Citizen of an EU/EEA country or Switzerland
- Tuition fees per semester 750 EUR
- Tuition fees per academic year 1500 EUR
Citizen of a Non-EU/EEA country
- Tuition fees per semester 6000 EUR
- Tuition fees per academic year 12 000 EUR