Inspiroidu koulutusmaailman tapahtumista ja pysy ajan tasalla hakuajoista tilaamalla kuukausittainen uutiskirjeemme.
Product Design Labs
Product Design Labs
In the Master of Product Design Labs students will learn how to research, develop and deliver a product to high technical and quality standards, using a methodology based on the project, to understand fully and in great detail the development of processes and industrial constraints.
This course is held in English language.
By providing access to industry tools, innovative materials and manufacturing processes, we create the ideal working environment for students, so that they can anticipate the needs of the market, looking for alternatives to the usual methods of solving problems, encouraging critical thinking and social awareness.
We are living at a time that echoes the early stages of industrial design, when designers’ work was not limited to \"aesthetics\", and when they instead played a key role in innovation, technology development, the development of product strategy and the creation of new businesses.
The Master of Product Design Labs focuses on carrying out ideas through the tools offered by the industry, innovation in the field of materials and manufacturing processes, in order to creatively anticipate market demands.
The Master of Product Design Labs creates favourable conditions in which to achieve, over a year of learning and experience, the following objectives:
- Leading multidisciplinary teams during the production process
- Establishing personal contacts with various professionals
- Managing the logistics of a project
- Conceptualizing, developing and communicating innovative ideas
- Incorporating innovation, both conceptual and technological
The contents covered in the course are organized into modules:
- Foundation (critical historical analysis, methodology, sustainability, visual communication...)
- Specific (socio-economic and needs analysis of users, anthropology, materials, production systems and processes, product launch processes, new technologies, projects)
- Transverse (design culture, applied creativity, team building, design research, design thinking, job placement…)
- Thesis / research project (concept, idea, development, production, prototyping, display...)
Why study the Master of Product Design Labs?
- Because we learn by doing: only then is it possible to really learn.
- Because we foster research and delve into the boundary between design, strategy and communication.
- Because the multicultural environment between students and professionals from different places enriches their personal experience.
- Because we offer the chance to network with companies and professionals of national and international renown.
- Because the programme is based on an innovative and transverse learning methodology.
- Because travel and visits enrich the knowledge areas.
- Because the cultural activity during the course is intense and helps to complement the experience.
- Because it takes place in Madrid, a European capital that is home to major institutions and companies, with intense cultural activity and highly accessible and multicultural.
How do students learn in the Master of Product Design Labs?
Project culture is the basis of the work dynamic and students learn by conceptualizing, developing, producing and communicating.
The course is methodologically developed on the basis of:
- Creative workshops
- Activities and workshops during international trips to institutions, firms and companies. Previous editions have included visits to such diverse destinations as San Francisco, Silicon Valley, China, Milan, London, Denmark, Portugal, Barcelona and Paris-Boisbuchet.
- Seminars and lectures
- Case Studies
- Activities and cultural events
- Tutorials for the development of specific projects
- Thesis research carried out throughout the master's program
After finishing the programme your career opportunities include: Senior designer, Design manager, Project manager, Product manager, Design consultant, Freelance designer.
Are you interested in Master's Programme in Product Design Labs?
You can ask more about the Master's programme by filling in the information request form (in English).
Apply online on IED's webpage or ask more about the application process.
Degree & diploma
Master of Arts in Product Design Labs
IED - Istituto Europeo di Design
IED – Istituto Europeo di Design
IED is the biggest international network of Fashion, Design, Visual Communication and Management schools, with locations in Milan, Rome, Turin, Venice, Florence, Cagliari, Madrid, Barcelona, São Paulo, and Rio de Janeiro. Established in 1966, IED has 45 years of international...
To order information from Product Design Labs, please fill out the following information: