Bachelor of Business Administration | Wellbeing Management (BBA) | online-oriented part-time studies
Are you interested in business and wellbeing? During your studies in the Degree Programme in Wellbeing Management, you learn to develop and produce data-based wellbeing services utilizing state-of-art technology.
The structure of studies
The studies consist of core and complementary competence courses. All the students take the same core competence courses which include the basics of the profession and degree. Complementary competence courses include courses that you choose based on your own interest either in your own or other fields.
The structure of studies:
- Core competence 150 ECTS
- Complementary competence 15 ECTS
- Practical training 30 ECTS
- Bachelor’s thesis 15 ECTS
Core competence study modules:
- Holistic wellbeing
- Wellbeing entrepreneurship and environments
- Customer oriented selling of services
- Development of wellbeing servisec
- Data-driven business
- Competences for wellbeing producer
- Management of wellbeing busineses
The practical training period (30 ECTS credits) takes one term. The bachelor’s thesis covers 15 ECTS credits.
The aim is to gain 30 ECTS credits every term.
Studies can be mostly completed online
Wellbeing Management studies can be completed either in Finnish or in English. As all courses are taught fully bilingually, you can study in either language.
The first year of studie sis entirely implemented online, focusing on the basics of measuring wellbeing indicators. The first-year studies also help you to develop your business management skills and acquire in-depth knowledge in the field of wellbeing.
The second year of studies is mostly organised online. Only two courses related to Active Life Lab environment require attendance on Mikkeli Campus. During the second year, you work with different customer groups, perform measurements of wellbeing indicators with them and assess the effectiveness of wellbeing services. This way, the first-year studies that were focused on business management are combined with data acquisition carried out in Active Life Lab and assessment of the effectiveness of wellbeing services. In addition, you have the opportunity to complete your practical training period in Active Life Lab and participate in RDI activities.
The third-year studies are flexible and are entirely organised online. During the last year of studies, you can complete your practical training and write your thesis either in Mikkeli or in another location that suits you and meets the objectives of your studies.
BBA in Wellbeing Management in working life
The need for wellbeing services is increasing all the time, and there is also an increasing demand for service providers.
Good communication and interaction skills are essential in producing wellbeing services.Equally importantfactors arecustomer-oriented thinking and entrepreneurial attitude, as well asa goodunderstandingofthewayswellbeingcan be promoted.
As a BBA in Wellbeing Management, your career opportunities include the following:
- services in physical activities, nutrition or health care
- development of health and wellbeing technologies
- wellbeing expert positions in the public sector
- event production planning and production ofwellbeing services
- human resources or the insurance field.
After graduation ,this bachelor’s degree offers you interesting job opportunities all over the world.
Professional positions include the following:
- companiesofferingexercise, nutritionorwellbeingservices
- companiesutilizing and developinghealth and wellbeingtechnology
- wellbeingeventproductioncompanies;planning and developingwellbeingevents
- humanresources management or
You can use the same application form to apply to all programmes included in the January joint application at www.studyinfo.fi.
Degree / diploma
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Tradenomi (AMK)
- Lukuvuosimaksu EU/ETA-maiden sekä Sveitsin ulkopuolelta tuleville opiskelijoille 10 700 euroa / lukuvuosi. Lisätietoja löydät Kaakkois-Suomen Ammattikorkeakoulun omilta sivuilta.
- Tuition fees for students from outside the EU/EEA countries and Switzerland is 10 700 euros/academic year. More information on Kaakkois-Suomen ammattikorkeakoulu’s own website.